Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

9 March 2014
The Sunday Post



This is is Meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and here are the rules.

It is your chance to re-cap your bookish week, what did your review last week, any new purchases, what will be coming up in your blog next week or generally anything you feel you would like to share with the blogging community.




So, What did I do last week?

So, this was my week off. The weather was actually beautiful here - sorry, I know some of you are still suffering with snow etc, but we actually had a beautiful spring week here in SE England. I managed to clear out my garden  ready for spring and this is how it looks like now: 




I also managed to do some work on the blog - it was so great to have the time for it! On my first day I sat down and put a 'Follow Me on FB / Twitter / GR' widget together. I'm not a very patient person and if the Html doesn't work the way I want it … lets just say I get easily frustrated and don't have a lot of patience. Funny how I don't have problems with my patience when browsing blogs etc. It took me about 3 hours (with various online tutorials) and I did manage it at the end to put a working widget together. Though the buttons are now underneath eaach other instead of side by side. Oh well, you can't have everything! But I just couldn't go on any further and really didn't want to mess it up again. I did that in the morning I was supposed to be be repairing the roof of my garden shed. Yes, I do have my priorities right. 


What's happened on my blog last week?


Reviews:

Memes/ Features:
which made me think about:



Around the Blogosphere:




I finished reading:

How To Knock A Bravebird From Her Perch by D. Bryant Simmons
 

I started reading:

Sex in the Title by Zack Love





Received for review:

Wherewolves by John Vamvas and Olga Montes



Purchased or Freebies:

OK, I went a bit mad this week. This is what happens if I have enough time on my hands! And some of them are quite dark and hard-hitting, hmmm, not sure why I felt in that particular mood this week. 

Free on Amazon at time of purchasing (please make sure you check that they are still free)

Danny Boy by Lauren Whiskens



Driven by David Darby


Needle by Craig Goodman



The Loneliest Road by Kimberly Bettes




Just Breathe by Heather Allen



Twelve Years as a Slave by Solomon Northup




What I'm planning for next week:

Reviews:

How to knock a Bravebird from her Perch by D. Bryant Simmons










Brick Lane by Monica Ali













Firestarter by Stephen King
(continuing my weekly Stephen King feature)





Reading People by       (non-fiction)




Memes / other features:

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea and Tuesday Teaser hosted by Should be Reading: my current read Sex in the Title by Zack Love

Feature and Follow hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read
This week it's going to be an activity: 
Spring is in the air! Show off your favorite outdoors reading spot. If you don’t go outside…well where else do you read that isn’t inside your house? We want pics! – PJ Note – I WISH!!! It’s like 30 degrees here. When will Spring Cometh?
Have a great week everyone and Happy Reading from the Pegster.