Search This Blog

Loading...

Currently I'm reading: Harbour Views by Philip Chatting

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My Photo

Mum of 3 (1994, 1995, 1998)- born in East Germany --lived in UK/ Kent since 1993 -- studied criminology -- love reading / writing / travelling / knitting / cats. 

Page visits

Followers

Follow Me On

Share It

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Review Queue

  • 1. Harbour Views by Philip Chatting
  • 2. Pegasus to Paradise by Michael Tappenden
  • 3. The Terrorist's daughter by Brian Arthur Levene
  • 4. Darsky's Resistance by Michael Rudnicki
  • 5. Shimon by John Steinberg
  • 6. Fallen on Good Times by Rewan Thremetick
  • 7. Silver Kings and Sons of Bitches by Michael D McGranahan
  • 8. What if it's love by Alix Nichols
  • 9. What passing bells by Julian Moss
  • 10. Biokill / Tandrex by Stuart Handley
  • 11. Do I bother you at night by Troy Radcliffe
  • 12. Dreampipe by Matthew Keith
  • 13. Valerie's Retreat by Joseph Rinaldo

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

Sunday, 16 March 2014
target="_blank">The Sunday Post

This is is Meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and here are the rules.

It is your chance to re-cap your bookish week, what did your review last week, any new purchases, what will be coming up in your blog next week or generally anything you feel you would like to share with the blogging community.





HAPPY Birthday to my son Danial who is 20 today

Can't believe he is not a teenager any more! 






So, What did I do last week?

A very busy week at work… as I'd been off the week before, I was certainly paying for it this week with lots and lots of stuff left on my desk, and phone call after phone call from the bereaved families. I hardly ever got home before 7 in the evening *sigh*

It is still cold / freezing during the night (car windows need to be scraped off in the morning), but during the day it is usually very pleasant, and… it didn't rain for about 1 week now. Even though our daylight saving hasn't started yet her in England, it's still noticeable that the days are getting longer and boy, do I enjoy it. At least I don't leave the house and the dark and come back on the dark.


On the Blog last week


Reviews

Memes / Features 


Around the Blogosphere

  • join Laura @ Laura Plus Books for LBGT month - no rules, just read and post about at least one LBGT book. 
  • Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts is launching the Summer 2014 reading challenge 
  • Parajunkee says: Sorry your Blog sucks so I didn't stick around - 15 reasons to un-follow
  • Gigi Ann @ Gigianns Blog: 35 things you should never say to a book lover 




Added to my stash this week

Received for review:

The Spanners Series Vol I This Changes everything  and Vol II This Changes My Live and My Family forever by Sally Ember 
(Sci-fi /Romance)


Downloaded for Free:
(please check before downloading to make sure it's still free) 

The Cat Manual by Michael Ray Taylor



Ta Da….
I'm taking part in my very first book blitz with Lola's Blog Tours

This Hometown Girl by Karen Rock 

His Hometown Girl banner


This is what I'm planning on the Blog for next week.

Reviews:

Sex in the Title by Zack Love



Stasiland by Anna Funder 




Four Past Midnight by Stephen King



Trace by Patricia Cornwall



Memes / Features:


 Journey into the Mystic by Jesse Giles Christiansen



This Week's Question:
How have your reading habits changed in the past few years? Did you get interested in a new genre? Do you read more? Less? Why do you think your habits changed, if they did.

  • How many of those famous books did you read? I'll tell you mine. 

Have a great week and happy reading my bookish friends. 



28 comments :

Greg said...

Congrats on your Liebster award, and yes the days are getting longer and it's nice, maybe spring will arrive after all! The Cat Manual looks fun, we have a few cats who own the place so maybe I should get that! Hope your week is a good one.

Red Iza said...

Happy birthday to your son - he has beautiful eyes :)
The weather here is the same as yours, cold by night, full spring by day !
My reading habits have changed, yes, mostly since I boughty my kindle. I began to read more erotic romance and paranormal. Before that, I was so tired that I couldn't read any more for a while, so I'm glad to be back on the reading train. But I can't seem to be able to read "serious" books any more - maybe when I get a 6 months vacation ?... Have a nice sunday !

Terri M LeBlanc said...

Happy Sunday, Peggy! And happy birthday to your son.

I hope this week at work slows down for you. Mine will be a bit hectic as they have 2 full days of training scheduled for us.

Terri M.

Rita_h said...

I like your taste in books! Early King still wows me; Firestarter is one of my favorites of his. I used to read Cornwell, but stopped a few years ago. By the way, your son is drop-dead handsome :) happy birthday to him!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, it is great to see a child out of the teens and into adulthood, isn't it? I can't believe that my oldest two grandsons will be 19 in June and soon entering their 20s as well.

I've noticed that teen grandchildren are more fun than my teen children were...LOL. Something about being able to "send them home."

Enjoy your week....and here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

Jessica said...

I took that BBC/listchallenges quiz. I got 29. And I didn't even cheat and include the books that I only partially read. 29 all the way through. I think that's pretty good.

It looks like you've had a wonderful week. Happy birthday to your son!

Jessica @ Tales Between the Pages

Michelle P said...

Happy Birthday to you son!

Going back to work after vacation stinks, I really think we need a vacation after a vacation before we go back to work ;)

I can't wait for warmer weather over here, It's beautiful today but suppose to get colder then nice weather again. It really needs to make up its mind. I want to sit outside and read, is that to much to ask lol

I hope you have a fantastic week
Michelle

kimbacaffeinate said...

I hope things warm up there soon, and yeah going back to work after vacation is so hard. Happy Birthday to your son, and yes it all happens in the blink of an eye. Have a wonderful week!

A Voracious Reader said...

Congrats on the Liebster and Happy Birthday to your son! They grow up so fast! My oldest is 28 and I'm still in shock that he's not still a teen! lol Have a great week!

Christy @ Love of Books said...

Happy birthday to your son! Hope it warms up for you soon. I definitely love the longer days; it makes me happy. :) Enjoy your books.

Tressa S said...

Thanks for stopping by! We just finished the tour for His Hometown Girl on Prism Book Tours and it was really fun! I hope you enjoy participating in your first blitz!

Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

Finley Jayne said...

Just found your blog through the Sunday Post meme and now following :) Thanks for posting the link to the Bookwyrming summer reading challenge-going to look into this!

Finley Jayne
http://finleyjaynesbookshelves.blogspot.com/

Naomi Hop said...

Hope your son had a great birthday! Enjoy your new reads!

Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

Pamela D said...

Have fun with your first blitz! :)

Berls said...

Congratulations on your award!! And Happy Birthday to your son! They grow too fast don't they? My step son will be 14 next month :(

Enjoy your first blitz - I love being able to promote books through the blog. Looks like you have a great week ahead, enjoy!

Michelle @ In Libris Veritas said...

Happy birthday to your son!! My reading habits have changed, I read almost constantly now...but it feels like I read less which is weird. I read almost every genre now but thanks to blogging I read mostly YA which wasn't intentional but since there are so many YA bloggers I sort of found more to read there.

Sophia Lin said...

Happy Birthday to your son! I only have a few years left until I'm not a teenager anymore... Dx
It's actually getting normal for me thankfully... which means warm weather ^_^

Thanks for sharing the Summer Reading Challenge! :)

Rain Jeys said...

The Cat Manual looks adorable. Enjoy your books!

thegirlmeetsbooks said...

Happy birthday to your son! :) And I hope you enjoy taking part in your first book blitz! Looking forward to your reviews! Happy reading and have a great week ahead. Thanks for dropping by my Sunday Post :)

Camille @ Girl meets Books

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Happy Birthday to Daniel! They grow up so fast, mine are five and three and I still can't believe how quickly the time has gone. I haven't adjusted to the time change yet after a week, but it is worth it having it so much lighter at night. Oh Four Past Midnight is a good one, I liked the Langoliers the best.

Paulina Zimnoch said...

Happy birthday to your son! Great sunday post

Jan @ Notes from a Readerholic said...

Happy birthday to your son! It's amazing to me how quickly our kids grow up. It sounds like you had a very busy week, but it certainly is nice to see the days getting longer and with daylight savings time here in the States it's even more apparent. Since I'm in the U.S. Midwest right now I missed another snow event in the Washington, D.C. area today. Not sorry about that at all!

I hope you have a great week!

Yvonne said...

Happy Birthday to your son! Hope you have a great week!

Brandi Kosiner said...

Trace looks good, hope you enjoy

Mariana @ Book Travels said...

You had a great blogging week and the week off really helped with that, but coming back to work is difficult too.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh wow. They grow up so quick! Mine will be 15 this year. I'm not old enough to have a kid that old. lol.

Hope this week went well for you.

Beckie Voigts said...

Hi Peggy - Thanks for stopping by my blog last week. Sorry it's taken me so long to come visit yours. Happy Bday to your son. Time flies, huh? :)

- Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

Adriana Garcia said...

Happy Birthday to your son! I just turned 20 a few months ago too so I know from the other stand point how crazy it feels. Good luck with your first blog blitz and hope you had a great week!