Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

4 April 2014

Book Blogger Hop



The Book Blogger Hop is hosted Coffee Addicted Writer. 
Every week a different question is posted for you to answer. Come in and join us.
This is how it works:

1. Answer the question on your blog
2. Go to Coffee Addicted Writer and put your link to your post on the Linky list.
3. Now have a look at the other blogs who have posted their links. Maybe comment on their answers (on their blogs), spend some time on their blogs and maybe join / become a member.

Perfect way really to get to know other bloggers :) I love this meme because it is so simple.

Here is today's question:
To you, what qualifies a book as good or bad? Are some books objectively better than others, or is it purely a matter of opinion?(submitted by Zeb)


My anwer: 

One part of me thinks: yes, this is purely objective and everyone has different tastes, someone may not like romance or fantasy whereas others devour those books. However, aren't we just talking about different genres here? I think we all know that there are some books which are simply not very well written… I mean, they could do with some more editing maybe? 

Still, I think its rare that a book is all 'bad' from beginning to end, in fact I don't think I have experienced this. (Have I just been lucky here?) There are, of course, things which I don't like in a book. For example, in a recent book I didn't like the names given to all the characters (they were all very fancy/posh and didn't fit the story which was a chick-lit) The book was still very entertaining. I wouldn't call a book just simply good or bad I think, because there is so much more to it. Good or bad…characters, story, language.