Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

1 April 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro is hosted by Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea.

This is how it works: Write down either the first paragraph of a book your are currently reading / intending to read or read in the past and share with us. I do like a good opening!



I've chosen my current read: Under The Dragon's Claw by Alex George. 



The book is outside my usual comfort zone and a journey into a fantasy world. I have to admit, the last time I read fantasy was Harry Potter. It took me about 10% to get into it, but I'm so glad I persevered because I was soon hooked. This is the opening paragraph:


Theo moved over the mantelpiece placing his favourite bow and quiver at its usual place - there - in the snug corner formed by the projecting fireplace and the adjoining wall closest to his armchair where he could reach out for it with ease. All the while he stared accusingly at the pair who had entered their lives uninvited. It was because of them that Theo had lost his chance at claiming the best prize the Triad Woods had to offer: the buck had been the only one to have sensed there presence. 

So, what you think, could this be for you? 


Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should be reading. 
These are the rules  :
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


"They are children no longer, Russilda. Theo is twenty-two and Serilia is just two years younger. It's about time they learnt the truth."

--

"If it wasn't for the rest of us in the council, Elron, none of you would be alive," Archon argued. "I take car of myself and my own!" Elron smacked his palm on the table, meeting Archon's gaze. 



Would you pick up this book? 
The book was a slow start for me, but it has turned into a real page-turner and late-night-reading-sessions book, and I'm now about 65% in.