Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

8 April 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro is hosted by Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea.

This is how it works: Write down either the first paragraph of a book your are currently reading / intending to read or read in the past and share with us. I do like a good opening!


My current read is a short story called Dr Craine's Body from the author Khalid Patel for whom I have reviewed before. I always enjoy that, because it does feel like meeting an old friend :) The Publisher, Severest Inks, is known for 'different' books which are ( and I'm editing here) not your usual beach read.

NOTE / Warning:
The below First Chapter can be upsetting to read as it contains  a detailed description of a medical procedure / post mortem examination . Please don't read on if you are squeamish or get upset with descriptions of bloods and guts. 


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

He raised the blade and stroked it down her stomach in a single line. Precise. Clots of maroon liquid seeped out, sullying her pale skin. He widened the slit with his bare hands. He found it better to work without those burdensome gloves.


Only for strong stomachs than … is it for you? 






Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should be reading. 
These are the rules  :
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


From Dr Craine's body by Khalid Patel

page 6
Incompetent fools the doctor thought. Always contaminating the body and making my job harder. 


I haven't actually read the story yet, as I've got a review copy to read for deadline, but as it's only 23 pages it shouldn't take too long.