Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

7 April 2014



Title
Medical Dictionary English-German
Author
Peter Reuter, Christine Reuter
Publisher
Georg Thieme Verlag Stuttgart, Germany
Publication Date
1995
Pages

Genre
Dictionary, Languages, Medical


This review is mainly aimed at my fellow medical translators (I'm Freelance). 

This is the most comprehensive medical dictionary I have found and to be honest, I don't think I could do any medical translation without it. I have found even the most obscure medical conditions. It is published in Germany, but can be easily ordered on relevant book buying sides here in the UK. Contents and Guide to the Dictionary are both in English and German. 

The downside is the prize…. £about 90 for 1 (and you will need both the German-English and the English-German. I bought both mine from Amazon as 2nd hand copies, and both were in excellent condition and had not a mark on them (for approx £35 each) - maybe I was just lucky. 

Luckily, medical terminology hardly changes over time, in fact many of the words do, of course, still originate from Latin. New words are being added, but it does mean that even a dictionary from 1995 (as my copy is) serves me very well and I see no reason to get an updated one at this stage. As a medical translator, this dictionary is a must and an essential investment.