Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

20 April 2014
The Sunday Post



This is is Meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and here are the rules.

It is your chance to re-cap your bookish week, what did your review last week, any new purchases, what will be coming up in your blog next week or generally anything you feel you would like to share with the blogging community.



So, what did I do last week?


The week was insanely busy at work. I knew that I will be off on vacation from Good Friday onwards for 2 weeks, so I had to leave as clean a desk as possible - files to get ready for court, reports to send out, summons witnesses etc etc etc. So I stayed in the office every day from 7am to 8pm. Insane hours this week but….. I got it all done and now I'm not going back until May 6th jippeeee. 

But it meant that that I didn't get as much time on the blog as usual and didn't really read and comment on any other blogs - sorry folks. 

Easter is a quiet and relaxing time for us. We don't have any family in this country, so it's only going to be hubby and our 3 children. I will cook roast leg of lamb on Easter Sunday. 

And than it's getting all exciting, as next Thursday the 24th we are flying off to Lanzarote / Spain for a 1 week vacation in the sun (hopefully). But hey, even if we don't have very hot weather, it's still going to be nice just to relax. I have 3 books packed for the vacation:

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Apple Tree Yard by Louise Doughty

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

They are all 3 books which I wanted to read for a while and never got around doing it. So I don't even mind the 4 hours in the plane :) 


On the blog last week


Reviews



Finish / Start


I finished: 
Watchers of the Night (The Watchers Part 1) by Matthew Keith (loved it and review is to come next week)

I started: 
Wherewolves by John Vamvas/Olga Montes


Around the Blogosphere / Bookish news




Added to my stash

Received for review:


Trial of Love by Christine Ow


Freebies 

Got of few non-fiction books this week:

The complete guide to weight loss motivation by Bill Rockwell (non-fiction)


The Blog Posting Formula: How to Write Compelling Blog Posts by Ian Stables 






What I'm planning on the blog next week

I will be on vacation from Thursday onwards for 7 days so postings may be not as regular… I have pre-scheduled only a few posts. 

Reviews

Footpaths for Fitness Kent by Michael Easterbrook (non-fiction)



Watchers of the Night by Matthew Keith



The Death Zone by Stephen King
(continuing my regular Stephen King feature)


Londonstani by Gautam Maulkani



Memes/ Features


Feature: What are your favourite bookish Websites?


First Chapter First Paragraph Intro hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea and Teaser Tuesday at MizB at Should Be Reading: Wherewolves by John Vamvas / Olga Montes. 




Feature & Follow hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read 
This week:
Have any pets? Tell us or show us!


Have a great week my bookish friends
Peggy x