Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

25 May 2014
The Sunday Post



This is is Meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and here are the rules.

It is your chance to re-cap your bookish week, what did your review last week, any new purchases, what will be coming up in your blog next week or generally anything you feel you would like to share with the blogging community.



So, what did I do last week?

As always, busy week at work… but hey, that's life I suppose. I have to be grateful that I do have a job, and even though stressful, not a bad one I guess.

Last Sunday the weather was beautiful here with temperature in the low 80's. My sons managed to repair our shed. Amazing, I had been nagging them for weeks and than it was only a two-hour job and all was done. We cleaned out the yard and I treated them to a spontaneous BBQ which was just the perfect end to a lovely day. It's not often any more that we all do things together.





This weekend, it's a long weekend here in England (Bank Holiday weekend), and I kind of hope that I can use Monday to pre-write some posts for the blog. Weather is not very nice, has been raining continuously, so can't sit outside unfortunately :( 




On the blog last week

Reviews:


Memes / Features:




Finish / Start

Finish

This Changes Everything by Sally Ember, Vol I of The Spanner's Series (review to follow soon)
Start

This Changes My Family and Me Forever by Sally Ember, Vol II of The Spanner's Series



Around the Blogosphere




Added to my stash

I received a few books this week for review, and also for review my first 'proper' book in the post (rather than Kindle download) which was kind of exciting! 

Received for review:

Harbour Views by Philip Chatting



Pegasus to Paradise by Michael Tappenden

The Terrorist's daughter by Brian Arthur Leven

And look what found its way into my shopping bag when hubby and me went to the local mall yesterday?? Love the cover btw. 


This is what I'm planning for next week on the blog

Reviews:


This Changes Everything by Sally Ember (The Spanners Vol I)




How to write for magazines … in one weekend by Diana Cambridge (non-fiction)




Pet Sematary by Stephen King



The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen 



Memes / Features:

This week: Top Ten Tuesday Freebie! Pick your own topic!

Feature and Follow hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read: this week's question: How important is good writing to you? In an ideal world, a book would be beautifully written AND have great character development, plot, etc. But in the real world, which do you prefer: (1) Great characters and plot with lousy writing or (2) Middling character development and plot but gorgeous writing?


Have a great week everyone and Happy reading
Peggy xxx