Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

24 June 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro is hosted by Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea.

This is how it works: Write down either the first paragraph of a book your are currently reading / intending to read or read in the past and share with us. I do like a good opening!


My current read is Kingsland Book 3 The Heir by Deborah Hill. 
It is a family saga and historical romance.



The Morning Sun danced in Kingsland's dining room chandelier, sprinkling the walls with small rainbows. Emily Merrick dreamed among them, drifting slowly along until Mother said her name, sharply, as though she'd spoken before, probably just a  few minutes ago.
"Sorry," Emily said, without meaning it. "What did you say, Mother?"
"I asked if Charles was taking you to the party tonight."
"No, I thought I'd walk over. Than, if it's boring, I can come home whenever I want to."
Thus eliminating an opportunity for Charles Sinclair to kiss her goodnight, as he so loved to do.



Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should be reading. 
These are the rules  :
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

From The Heir by Deborah Hill

"You've really saved my skin," she said, regaining her shredded poise. "Charles can ge very insistent."


Peggy x