It is your chance to re-cap your bookish week, what did your review last week, any new purchases, what will be coming up in your blog next week or generally anything you feel you would like to share with the blogging community.
So, what did I do last week?
I have been thinking long and hard, and read all your comments about the pressure of daily posting on the blog etc. and have make the decision to take it a bit easier with the book blog - go back to the fun part of it, and don't put myself under pressure to post reviews and take part in memes. And - it's fun again! I write a bit on the blog every day, but don't necessarily post it. But sort of polish the reviews a bit more and post whenever it's ready. Will hopefully have more time to comment.And I go back what I like = talking about books, reading, reading, talking about books, reading, more reading and even more reading.
In other news….
Our local area is getting a bit excited. Plans had been unveiled to create a big entertainment park similar to Disney Land called 'London Paramount' (= the film company Paramount). They are currently submitting planning permission and have the agreement from the government. It will be build on an old industrial estate and is about 15 mins in the car from us! Of course, there are critical voices - the transport and environmental impact on the area etc. But I, for one, can't wait. Maybe anyone living near such venue can tell me more.
I've put up two posts:
5. The post mortem examination (caution - can be a bit upsetting to read, as it contains information about an internal examination)
6. Coroner's investigation and Coroner's inquest
On the blog in the last two week
- Silk Road Vegetarian by Dahlia Abraham Klein (non-fiction cook book)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
- Gerald's Game by Stephen King
- The Heir by Deborah Hill (Kingsland Part 3)
- First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro and Teaser Tuesdays: The Groundbreaking by Deanndra Hall (Love Under Construction Prequel)
- Harry Potter turns 34 and has some grey hairs - JK Rowling on what's happened to HP after we've last heard from him
Finish / Start
The Kingsland Series by Deborah Hill
Love under Construction Series by Deanndra Hall
Added to my stash
2 books received for review:
What if it's Love by Alix Nichols