Powered by Blogger.
- Review: Laying a Foundation (Love under Constructi...
- Review: Needful Things by Stephen King
- The Coroner's Officer #7 - The Coroner's Verdict
- Sunday Post #23 13th July
- The Coroner's Officer #6 - What is a Coroner's inv...
- Review: The Heir by Deborah Hill (Kingsland Book 3...
- Harry Potter turns 34 and has some grey hairs!
- The Coroner's Officer #5 - Post Mortem Examination...
- Review: Gerald's Game by Stephen King
- First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro and Te...
- ▼ July ( 10 )
My Blog List
- 1. Harbour Views by Philip Chatting
- 2. Pegasus to Paradise by Michael Tappenden
- 3. The Terrorist's daughter by Brian Arthur Levene
- 4. Darsky's Resistance by Michael Rudnicki
- 5. Shimon by John Steinberg
- 6. Fallen on Good Times by Rewan Thremetick
- 7. Silver Kings and Sons of Bitches by Michael D McGranahan
- 8. What if it's love by Alix Nichols
- 9. What passing bells by Julian Moss
- 10. Biokill / Tandrex by Stuart Handley
- 11. Do I bother you at night by Troy Radcliffe
- 12. Dreampipe by Matthew Keith
- 13. Valerie's Retreat by Joseph Rinaldo
abuse alternative history animals backpacking biography Bloggiesta blogging help book beginnings book blogger hop book news chick lit comedy computer guides contemporary costa book awards crime death and dying dog dystopian East-End Villain england civil war erotic erotica fiction first chapter first paragraph tuesday intro gay and lesbian guides historical fiction history home horror household tips jilly cooper john grogan language library magazines medicine memoir music mystery Newbooks Magazine news non-fiction novel paranormal paranormal romance psychological psychology Richard and Judy Book Club romance science fiction short story social science speculative Stephen King student Sunday Post Meme suspense Teaser Tuesday thriller time travel transgressional fiction translation travel travel guide true crime University life urban fantasy urdu vampire WWW Wednesday YA zombie
Sunday, 13 July 2014
11:03 | Posted by Peggy Farooqi | | Edit Post
It is your chance to re-cap your bookish week, what did your review last week, any new purchases, what will be coming up in your blog next week or generally anything you feel you would like to share with the blogging community.
So, what did I do last week?
I have been thinking long and hard, and read all your comments about the pressure of daily posting on the blog etc. and have make the decision to take it a bit easier with the book blog - go back to the fun part of it, and don't put myself under pressure to post reviews and take part in memes. And - it's fun again! I write a bit on the blog every day, but don't necessarily post it. But sort of polish the reviews a bit more and post whenever it's ready. Will hopefully have more time to comment.And I go back what I like = talking about books, reading, reading, talking about books, reading, more reading and even more reading.
In other news….
Our local area is getting a bit excited. Plans had been unveiled to create a big entertainment park similar to Disney Land called 'London Paramount' (= the film company Paramount). They are currently submitting planning permission and have the agreement from the government. It will be build on an old industrial estate and is about 15 mins in the car from us! Of course, there are critical voices - the transport and environmental impact on the area etc. But I, for one, can't wait. Maybe anyone living near such venue can tell me more.
I've put up two posts:
5. The post mortem examination (caution - can be a bit upsetting to read, as it contains information about an internal examination)
6. Coroner's investigation and Coroner's inquest
On the blog in the last two week
- Silk Road Vegetarian by Dahlia Abraham Klein (non-fiction cook book)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
- Gerald's Game by Stephen King
- The Heir by Deborah Hill (Kingsland Part 3)
Memes / Features
- First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro and Teaser Tuesdays: The Groundbreaking by Deanndra Hall (Love Under Construction Prequel)
- Harry Potter turns 34 and has some grey hairs - JK Rowling on what's happened to HP after we've last heard from him
Finish / Start
The Kingsland Series by Deborah Hill
Love under Construction Series by Deanndra Hall
Added to my stash
2 books received for review:
What if it's Love by Alix Nichols
What Passing Bells by Julian Moss
What I'm planning on the blog next
No exact time scale for those…. but thinking next two weeks :)
Laying a Foundation by Deanndra Hall (Love under Construction Series Prequel + Book 1)
Not in the Flesh by Ruth Rendell
Continuing my regular Stephen King with Needful Things
Memes / Features:
The Coroner's Officer:
7. Inquest Verdicts
8. Murders (or suspicious deaths) - what is the responsibility of the Coroner
Labels: Sunday Post Meme